Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where to find Swordtails (not the usual red variety) in Singapore?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where to find Swordtails (not the usual red variety) in Singapore?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've been looking for Swordtails in Singapore other than the usual red variety. Particularly looking for green or neon types, anyone seen any at their local shops?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Can check with the seller in this thread http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=33390

I have not seen or bought the fish but he told me the colour is metallic green with double sword. Hope he is describing swordtails and not some guppy variety.

Let me know if you ever find any of the swordtails that was the original colour of green. I used to see green swordtails in LFS when I was young.
    Last edited by juggler; 20th Dec 2007 at 11:58. Reason: added more info
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, the green swordtails was common here but are seldom seen in lfs now; lacking commercial value. Good chance of finding them in the ponds of fish farms in lim chu kang though.

Since you are looking for out off the ordinary, you may wish to check out the swordtail-platy hybrids that occassionally surface in some of the shops here.

Live-bearers spawn easily, so you can create your own strains by mixing selected types of swordtail with platies.

cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Unfortunately pure strains are rare nowadays. Your best bet is to look for them at fish farms.