Feedback Score

My 1st attempt - 7 x 5 x 6.5 inch setup

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hmmm not very nicely done up yet....

the wood too big?

I don't know what to add in already..... and how to scape...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Shirley.
    Very cute tank you have there, you can use spiky or willow moss tied on the pebbles and place it on those empty space infront of the dw. cause the gravel that you have not easily to grow plants. And may add a small submerge filter and some small tetra fishes after cycling your tank. Now you have to wait for them to grow. Haha...good luck.
    Cpark188

http://cpark188.blogspot.com
    My hobbies.

Feedback Score
    Thank you..... behind the wall moss is spikey..... going to change to peacock later..... or are they the same?

The dw is US fissiden.....

Front intend to put mini taiwan moss another day.....

should i add anything else?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Shirley, I suggest some small rocks or pointed thin wood to define your layout. Otherwise when the moss are fully grown, you would end up just a tank of moss.

I can't really tell between a peacock and spiky moss. But good choice either one as it is fast growing as compared to other moss.
    Maurice Cheong
    A . M o m e n t . o f . T r a n q u i l i t y...

Feedback Score
    oh... ok ok i go find small rocks etc....

someone ask me to make my wood standing up..... later i go try

Feedback Score
    Hihi...

i've rescaped it abit...... changed wall to peacock moss.....

infront plan to put minitaiwan moss after i tie it...

any idea abt the back and that hold on the right?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That's a very cute tank!!! What filtration are you using?

Feedback Score
    0 filtration....

0 co2....

0 fertilizer....

1 pl light only

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    0 filtration....

0 co2....

0 fertilizer....

1 pl light only
    Ic... no water movement? Do update us with more pix... what's ur fauna plan?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I think it looks better with the wood lying down as in your first picture. Just my opinion though. How about adding a mini internal filter?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Shirley, I have the exact tank too. Gave up on it after a month. It was initially planned to be a nano shrimp tank. But the water condition is hard to stabilise given it's little water volume, so all the shrimps died. I later used it to house my betta (fighting fish), but it's not very appealing to place 1 x betta in this size tank. I then tried to scape it, and looked for all mini decos. Planted mini nana too, which looked quite good. But there was no water movement and filtration, so i got the smallest overflow filter in the market. However, even with the water flow tuned to its least flow rate, it would still upset the gravel bed, etc. My conclusion, this size is good only for keeping newly bought newts, crabs or lobsters...
    Next project: Converting my 3ft freshwater fish planted tank into a shrimp tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah tiny tanks are difficult to maintain... but it can still be a good learning opportunity... never try never know

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Ho View Post
    Hi Shirley, I have the exact tank too. Gave up on it after a month. It was initially planned to be a nano shrimp tank. But the water condition is hard to stabilise given it's little water volume, so all the shrimps died. I later used it to house my betta (fighting fish), but it's not very appealing to place 1 x betta in this size tank. I then tried to scape it, and looked for all mini decos. Planted mini nana too, which looked quite good. But there was no water movement and filtration, so i got the smallest overflow filter in the market. However, even with the water flow tuned to its least flow rate, it would still upset the gravel bed, etc. My conclusion, this size is good only for keeping newly bought newts, crabs or lobsters...
    wow........ very very demoralising..... hope mine will succeed....

*pray*

Quote Originally Posted by Jervis
    Ic... no water movement? Do update us with more pix... what's ur fauna plan?
    Nope.. no movement at all cause even the smallest fan and weakest fan will be too noisy for my SUPER DUPER QUIET office....

sigh~

Actually plan to put shrimps... but after hearing what Reginald Ho said, i gotta think twice.... Maybe 2 guppy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    Yeah tiny tanks are difficult to maintain... but it can still be a good learning opportunity... never try never know
    yeap.... trying out a 1ft tank at home now....

old tank so is quite dirty with stain on the glass... gotta slowly clean up!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    is a small hangon filter possible? moss..needs water current, otherwise, i THINK will emit something pungent..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    is a small hangon filter possible? moss..needs water current, otherwise, i THINK will emit something pungent..
    not sure if can... cause even a small little fan makes too much noise

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    not sure if can... cause even a small little fan makes too much noise
    Hi Shirley, sorry don't mean to demoralise you. Just sharing my experience ya. Yes a hang on overflow filter is possible as long as the part where the inlet is has a lower substrate level. If it's in office, the air con should be cold enough for the moss. You can try keeping Malayans as they're more hardy compared to other type of shrimps IMHO. But have to let the tank water run-in 1st. Try to get Mosura Bioplus as it's a good conditioner for the water, as well as food for shrimps. I got mine from Colourful Aquarium at Thomson. Hope this helps.
    Next project: Converting my 3ft freshwater fish planted tank into a shrimp tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Shirley

Not to demoralise you but small planted tank are a real handful. Had one such size tank which I converted to a planted tank putting in "Hardy plant" like Java fern and Anubias nana with some moss (Cannot remember what moss it is). This my first try on real plants. The java fern and Anubias survived till to year ( about 1 year old) and are still in my new 3 feet planted tank. The moss all turned into brown detrius and had a hard time doing water change (although it is a small tank but it is the frequency of WC that tough). I agree with the rest that you need at least a small filter (Hang on is good and not too expensive). I believe your moss will do better than mine cause you tank is in the office which is air-conditioned. Mine I believe was killed by temp.
    WaterH2O
    <Fish are Friends, not food>

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterH2O View Post
    Shirley

Not to demoralise you but small planted tank are a real handful. Had one such size tank which I converted to a planted tank putting in "Hardy plant" like Java fern and Anubias nana with some moss (Cannot remember what moss it is). This my first try on real plants. The java fern and Anubias survived till to year ( about 1 year old) and are still in my new 3 feet planted tank. The moss all turned into brown detrius and had a hard time doing water change (although it is a small tank but it is the frequency of WC that tough). I agree with the rest that you need at least a small filter (Hang on is good and not too expensive). I believe your moss will do better than mine cause you tank is in the office which is air-conditioned. Mine I believe was killed by temp.
    oh.... really hope this tank will survive... i spent quite a bit investing on the tank, light etc.....

I got a thermometer.... reading is 22degree celcius.... should be good right?

so i presume without aircon the highest should be 26?

I am wondering a small hang on filter will have noise or not? even a pump vibrating noise would be too noisy for me.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    22 degree looks fine. Mine cannot even go below 25 degree with a fan. Strangely with a fan my 3 feet tank can maintain between 25-27 degree ( may be the weather coolder these days in Spore). I have a small hang on filter (dis-comissioned from my previous) not very noisy so should not be a problem.

Oh I remembered something about water current. if you are fine with doing WC without any filter becasue of your "cemetary-like" office condition then give it a try. But you can get a small powerhead the submerse into the water to provide some current. I just got one yesterday from colourful. slightly bigger than the size of a portable transistor radio.
    Last edited by benny; 15th Mar 2008 at 12:41.
    WaterH2O
    <Fish are Friends, not food>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast